Civil Air Patrol focuses its Aerospace Education efforts in two primary areas: external education and internal education. External education engages with members of the public. Through these efforts CAP:
- Informs the general public about aviation and space activities.
- Has supported thousands of AE workshops for teachers at colleges and universities around the country for over 40 years.
- Maintains close working relationships with local education agencies and several national organizations such as the FAA, NASA and the Air Force Association to facilitate aerospace education in our schools.
- Plans and co-sponsors the annual National Congress on Aviation and Space Education, held in different cities around the country. NCASE is the national convention for aerospace educators.
- CAP’s internal aerospace education program focuses on CAP’s own members. This program focuses on:
- Educating CAP cadets and senior members on aviation and space activities.
- Supporting cadet and senior members by providing trips to conventions, airports, military bases, the Kennedy Space Center, and other related places of aerospace interest.
More about Aerospace Education- National Headquarters link